This position entails coordination and performance of a wide range of technical and administrative duties, including implementation of sub- programmes. The officer will be expected to:-
Duties and responsibilities
i) Identify and rehabilitate degraded sites;
ii) Establish plantations and implement silvicultural prescriptions;
iii) Devise measures for forest protection and biodiversity conservation;
iv) Take initiative for safe custody and control of stores and accountable documents;
v) Implement management initiatives and plans for revenue collection, utilization of infrastructure, plant and equipment;
vi) Supervise orderly removal of forest products and community mobilization for forest management; Oversee preparation of annual work
plans, progress and maintenance of relevant records.
vii) Coordinate forest advisory activities, tree resource assessment, preparation of annual work plans, community action plans and
preparation of progress reports;
viii) Organize launch of tree planting season in consultation with county governments;
ix) Provide technical support on forestry field days, establishment of on-farm demonstration sites, urban forestry and roadside tree planting;
x) Monitor utilization trends of tree resources;
xi) Ensure timely collection of revenue;
xii) Liaise with other stakeholders to promote conservation and development of riparian forests, biodiversity, sacred groves and shrines;
xiii) And promote commercial forestry, wood energy conservation, forest based micro-enterprise and ecotourism.
Requirements for appointments
For appointment to this grade, an Officer must have:-
i) Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university.
ii) Successfully completed a basic paramilitary training course
iii) Completed a one (1) year on job training.
How to apply:
• Applications should be made online through https://psbkericho.co.ke/vacancies
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required.
• Applicants should submit their online applications attaching copies of National Identity cards/passport, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates on or before 12th August, 2020.
• Kericho County residents should indicate their respective wards and locations.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County website
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: County Government of Kericho is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. W
Warning: Be aware of Fraudsters.
The County Government of Kericho does not charge any fees for purposes of processing their applications.
Incase of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.