The ideal candidate will develop and implement credit policies, credit lines, procedures and standards. The successful candidate must have prior experience in a similar role in the financial service sector.
• Oversee the analysis of financial information including cash flows, income statements to form an opinion of the strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with loan packages and determine the Probability of Default (PD).
• Develop and implement credit policies, credit lines, procedures and standards.
• Guide the development and preparation of models to support analysis of new and existing loan applications.
• Supervise the credit team performing analysis on the borrowers’ ability to repay and ensure that loan applications meet company underwriting policies and guidelines.
• Review and approve loans submitted by other lending staff that exceeds their delegated authority.
• Ensure that management is fully informed of any material consideration affecting the loan portfolio & ensure that credits adhere to credit policy guidelines.
• Establish prudent customer credit limits within the assigned credit policy and make thorough & reasoned oral and/or written recommendations to management for credit limits exceeding assigned policy.
• Interpret, communicate, and provide guidance on the company’s lending policies and procedures and advice on the determinants on customer credit limits and security requirements to sales Agents/officers in a timely manner.
• Respond to escalated queries regarding loan amortization schedules.
• Liaise with reconciliation and portfolio team to ensure that customers pay off and refinance statements are updated and represent the true position of the facility.
• Ensure that all loans queued for payment are released on time.
• Supervise, train, motivate, coach and support the credit team and conduct training to new staff.
• Monitor and evaluate key performance indicators for the team referencing the company’s set performance standards and schedules.
• Must have bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized university.
• Must be a CPA (K) or Chartered Risk Analyst Finalist.
• Must have at least 5 years’ relevant work experience in a similar or equivalent role.
• Knowledge of relevant laws/credit policies/practices.
• Knowledge of professional standards and changes.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 80, 000 – 120,000 (Approx. 800 – 1,200 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 9th October 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***