The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
i. A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
ii. Registration with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors (BORAQ) or any other recognized professional body with Good Standing;
iii. A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized Institution; and
iv. Proficiency in computer applications; and
v. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- i. Initiating development and review of building services policies, procedures and programmes;
- ii. Reviewing design and documentation of all infrastructure works;
- iii. Supervising infrastructure projects and renovations of existing structures.
- iv. Coordinating building engineering maintenance and rehabilitation works within the Judiciary.
- v. Coordinating preparation of annual infrastructure requirements and cost estimates;
- vi. Initiating development and reviewing building services manual, guidelines, procedures and standards related to infrastructure development.
- vii. Liaising with stakeholders on court infrastructure requirements;
- viii. Ensuring adherence to regulations and licenses related to infrastructural development;
- ix. Developing and reviewing operating maintenance manual for infrastructural projects;
- x. implementing of projects as per the Judiciary infrastructure master plan; and
- xi. Undertaking research on best practices in construction industry and other emerging issues.
- i. Minimum nine (9) years relevant work experience;
- ii. At least three (3) years at Middle Management level;
- Job Core Competencies:
- i. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- ii. Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- iii. Professional and Technical competence;
- iv. Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- v. Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- vi. Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.