THE COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF LAIKIPIA
COUNTY ASSEMBLY SERVICE BOARD
VACANCY: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – 1 POSITION
Salary: Job Group 5 (P) 85,110 x 4,240 – 89,350 x 4,480 – 93,830 x 4,670 – 98,500 x 4,940 -103,440 x 5,170 - 108,610 x 5,420 – 114,030 x 5,700 – 119,730
Location: Nanyuki 30 days’ annual leave
Contributory pension scheme
a) Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be reporting to the Director, Human Resource Management.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
1. Assisting in planning, organizing, administration and control of activities in Human Resource Management division;
2. Assisting in formulation of Human Resource Management policies;
3. Assisting in preparation of PE budgets;
4. Assisting in managing Performance Management Systems (PMS);
5. managing County Assembly competency framework;
6. Ensuring proper and complete performance incidents documentation;
7. Coordinating staff appraisal logistics;
8. Undertaking job descriptions update,
9. Carrying out continuous internal job evaluation;
10. Coordinating daily attendance recording;
11. Documenting code of conduct reports;
12. Be in charge of grievance handling;
13. Be in charge ward office staff – administration and be their contact point;
14. Ensure effective supervision of students on attachment;
15. Be in charge of internal staff liaison and communication;
16. Be the secretary to the performance management, health and safety, and first aid committee; and
17. Ensure disciplinary process documentation.
b) Requirements for appointment
For direct appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
i. Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than four (4) years in a related area within the Public Service or Private sector, two (2) of which should be at managerial level;
ii. Possess a degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration (Human Resource Option); Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Option); or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
iii. At least Part II of Certified Human Resource Practitioners (CHRP) Examination or
Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management; iv. Be a registered member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) v. Certificate in computer applications.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Leadership Skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team Player
• Problem solving
ALL candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
• Tax Compliance Certificate
• Clearance from HELB where necessary
• Clearance from the Ethics and anti-corruption commission
• Certificate of good conduct from the police
• CRB Clearance Certificate
How to Apply
Applications in a sealed envelope together with the detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, national identity card, testimonials, clearances and any other relevant supporting documents clearly marked the post applied for on the right-hand side of the envelope should be addressed to:
The Clerk, County Assembly of Laikipia P.O. Box 487-10400 to be received on or before September, 21 2020.
Note: The County Assembly is an equal opportunity employer; Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.