The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: - Purchasing and Supplies, Procurement and Logistics Management, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Business Administration (Supply Chain Management) from a recognized institution;
- ii. A Post Graduate qualification in Supply Chain Management, Procurement & Logistics Management (CIPS, CPSP) or any other relevant qualifications;
- iii. Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing and Current Practicing License;
- iv. A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- v. Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- vi. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
-i. Developing and implementing Supply Chain Management (SCM) policies, procedures, strategies and programs in line with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, (PPADA) 2015 and Regulations;
- ii. Providing professional opinion and advisory services on Supply Chain Management;
- iii. Ensuring strict adherence to the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and the Judiciary Procurement and Disposal manual and policies;
- iv. Coordinating the preparation, advertisement, submission, opening and evaluation of Tenders
- Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other procurement initiatives;
- v. Providing secretariat services to the Procurement
-Disposal and Evaluation Committees, and Contract Implementation Teams;
- vi. Preparing and implementing procurement and asset disposal plans;
- vii. Monitoring contract management by user functions in conformity with the terms and condition of the contracts;
- viii. Ensuring update and management of inventory, stock, Disposals and Asset Register;
- ix. Conducting procurement market research, surveys and global trends with respect to Supply Chain Management;
- x. Preparing and submitting timely and periodic management and statutory reports; and
- xi. Facilitating Performance Management, mentoring, guidance and counseling of staff.
- i. Minimum nine (9) years’ relevant work experience;
- ii. At least three (3) years of which should be at Middle Management level;
Core Job Competencies:
- i. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- ii. Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- iii. Professional and Technical competence
- iv. Confidentiality, High intergrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- v. Analytical and Negotiation skills; and
- vi. Organizational planning skills and results-oriented
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.