Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
14. ASSISTANT FORESTER: KEFRI 9
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifying the staff requirement for different operations;
• Identifying and acquisitioning the necessary tools and equipment for field operations;
• Scheduling of data collection in trials in consultation with responsible research scientists;
• Liaising with scientists to facilitate data collection and management;
• Ensuring adherence to seed collection, handling and dispatch standards;
• Ensuring adherence to seedling production standards;
• Disseminating research findings;
• Monitoring, reporting and control of forest pests and diseases;
• Manage Forest Estate;
• Supervise removal of forest products;
• Promote forestry technologies and application of research results amongst stakeholders;
• Prepare planting sites;
• Undertake establishment and protection of experimental plots;
• Assess experiments and collect data;
• Guiding, supervising mentoring field operation staff; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade “C-” (C Minus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Diploma in Forestry from a recognized institution; and
iii) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognised institution.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.