Only applications received via BrighterMonday platform will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
JOB/ POSITION TITLE: Assistant HR Manager - NAIROBI
DEPARTMENT AND DIVISION: HR Department
ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE TO: Group HR Manager
POSITIONS REPORTING TO JOB HOLDER: Human Resource Officer – 4 Nos
- Manage the front line Human Resources Team to deliver an effective, efficient and legally compliant recruitment and human resource service which meets the needs of the group of companies and achieves value for money.
- Assist the Group Human Resources to, propose, research, consult on and implement new initiatives that promote the company as an employer of choice, which are legally compliant and maximize value for money from the employee benefits budget.
- Support and assist the Head of department to maintain, update and deliver the objectives of the Human Resources Strategy and Human Resources Business Plan.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management or any related field
- Diploma or a higher diploma in HRM
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience in a busy organization
- Full Member of IHRM with a practicing certificate.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Critical thinker with constructive approach to problem solving. Will have the ability to identify issues and opportunities, provide recommendations and solutions in order to reach consensus with multiple stakeholders
- A focused and dedicated approach to providing effective customer service;
- Demonstrate sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information;
- Demonstrate cross-cultural competencies;
- Well organized with the demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume environment;
- Demonstrate ability to be professional, calm, flexible, resilient, solution oriented, and creative;
- Excellent oral and written communication and skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio) as well as capacity to operate in databases including HRIS, etc.;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that existing Human Resource Policies, Procedures and Staff Handbook are updated in line with statutory requirements, good practice and the agreed review timetable and that new policies or procedures are introduced as necessary.
- Keep self and team up to date with employment law and relevant codes of practice.
- Ensure operational HR activities and processes are correctly followed and that the frontline HR team provides accurate and timely advice and guidance to managers.
- Ensure the provision of accurate statistics and records.
- Ensure robust performance management systems are in place to ensure a culture of performance is embedded across the group and that managers have clear procedures and support for managing performance i.e. attendance, disciplinary and capability.
- Ensure the group at all times meets legal obligations and mitigates the risk of Employment Tribunal Claims, costs, and adverse publicity.
- Develop good practice, innovative Human Resource initiatives to assist the company to achieve excellence and become an employer of choice.
- Capacity to understand and demonstrate the ability to work flexibly for the benefit of the HR team and for the business and to take on new projects and initiatives that are considered to fall within the duties and responsibilities of the job role.
- Develop HR budget.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by the Head of Human Resources/ Executive Directors.
- Prepare Leave liability report and share with HODs.
- Prepare quarterly analytical report on undertaken HR projects and their objectives.
- Prepare Monthly HR Reports for the group.
- Conduct monthly Meeting with senior managers.
- Prepare Annual analytical reports on HR efficiency, Labour relations, workforce dashboard and Employee performance for the group
- Effective Industrial relations.
- Effective training and development
- Effective HR strategies in line with business objectives.
- Formulating and implementing HR policies
- Be a change agent i.e. behavioral, culture, technology, systems
- Branding HR department
- Effective and consistent disciplinary proceedings.
- Facilitate periodical performance management with line managers