Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
18. ASSISTANT LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (PATHOLOGY): KEFRI 9
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Collect, receive, prepare, manage and safely dispose samples and specimens;
• Prepare and standardize laboratory reagents and culture media for laboratory analysis and research activities;
• Maintain and preserve specimens in a reference database;
• Carry out analytical work and record results;
• Set up experimental plots and record field experimental data
• Keep laboratory records;
• Maintain and preserve specimens;
• Carry out routine standardization and maintenance of laboratory equipment;
• Undertake and keep inventory of laboratory equipment, chemicals and reagents;
• Train and supervise students on attachment and staff in the unit;
• Carry out demonstrations for clients and visitors;
• Participate in planning and evaluating laboratory services; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade “C-” (C Minus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Diploma in Applied Biology or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
iii) Working experience in the same field is an added advantage and
iv) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognised institution.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.