Duties and Responsibilities:
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An Officer at this level will work under guidance of a more experienced Officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
i) developing simple tannery layout plants under the guidance of a senior officer;
ii) demonstrating to traders the proper methods of washing, fleshing, trimming, lacing, suspending and preservation of hides and skins;
iii) Advising on the salt type, storage and method of application in curing hides and skins;
iv) Participating in siting, designing, and overseeing the construction of suitable hides and skins premises and stores;
v) Participating in field days, barazas and workshops to advise livestock farmers on the proper methods of handling domestic animals for
production of quality hides and skins;
vi) Demonstrating to skins flayers and traders on the appropriate methods of flaying cleaning, curing and storage of hides and skins.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have; _
(i) Diploma in any of the following fields: - Leather Technology, Footwear Technology, Leather Goods Design and Development from a
(iii) Diploma in Animal Health or Environmental Resource Management/Science, plus two years Certificate in Hides and Skins Improvement
or leather Technology; and
(iii) Certificate in computer application from a recognized institution
How to apply:
• Applications should be made online through https://psbkericho.co.ke/vacancies
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required.
• Applicants should submit their online applications attaching copies of National Identity cards/passport, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates on or before 12th August, 2020.
• Kericho County residents should indicate their respective wards and locations.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County website
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: County Government of Kericho is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. W
Warning: Be aware of Fraudsters.
The County Government of Kericho does not charge any fees for purposes of processing their applications.
Incase of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.