- Responsible for overall leadership, administration, coordination and maintenance of motor vehicles and motor cyles
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate of both in house and outsourced services and contracts management
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Supervise, mentor and coach staff
- Supervise the implementation and management of Fleet Maintenance
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Reviewing and implementing maintenance procedures and work plans for the unit
- Tracking down of regular service requirements for motor vehicles.
- Identification and coordination of maintenance training needs.
- Timely generation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Manage Annual maintenance and disposal plans.
- Management of periodic inspection of motor vehicles.
- Initiate procurement process by seeking necessary approvals
- Conduct analysis of motor vehicle usage and make appropriate recommendations.
- Co-ordinate motor vehicle maintenance.
- Make recommendations of policies to be developed/reviewed
- Ensure that there is a regular review and evaluation of services provided by third parties and make recommendations on adherence to the SLAs.
- Development of budgets.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Authority.
- Provides oversight over physical assets assigned to the section.
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Plans the work of subordinates.
- Assigns work to subordinates.
- Monitors subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
- Predominantly works within the office and occasionally visits garages and car wash facilities
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Professional registration with Engineers Board of Kenya or equivalent
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least four (4) years’ work experience with one (1) years at supervisory level.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Good organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize
- Good management skills
- Good strategic, analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with third parties and staff
- Resilient, focused and result oriented
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 30th July 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)