DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE, ADMINISTRATION AND COORDINATION OF COUNTY AFFAIRS
3. Assistant Office Administrator II- Job Group J (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Taking oral dictation and Preparing minutes;
• Ensuring security of office equipment’s, documents and records;
• Receiving, welcoming and directing visitors to the relevant office;
• Handling telephone calls and appointments;
• Establishing and monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondence and file movement;
• Maintaining an up to date filing system in the office;
• Preparing response’s to simple routine correspondence;
• Supervision of office cleanliness;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
• Served in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a minimum period of five (5years)
• Shorthand II (Minimum 80 w. p.m).
• Type writer II (50 w.p.m.)/Computer Document Processing III
• Business English III/Communications II
• Secretarial Duties II
• Office Practice II
• Commerce II
• Office Management III/ Office Administration and Management III
• Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution
• Human Resource Management knowledge will be an added advantage
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300