Industry: Horticulture (Export)
Roles & Responsibilities.
• Monitor and maintain quality specifications of lines of fruit & vegetable from allocation to production line, through to the supply to marketer.
• Ensure that all packhouse policies & procedures are adhered to by staff and the production line
• Through a specified maintenance plan/checklist ensure that all machinery within the plant is properly maintained and in optimum working order
• Ensure all Health & Safety and Food Safety standards and policy are adhered to
• Through an understanding of HSE best practice ensure the safety of yourself and your staff
• Work with the Employment Officer to ensure the line is adequately resourced with staff
• Ensure all supervisors are properly trained and that they train their respective teams
• Resolve conflict and deal with disputes in accordance with company employment and disciplinary code
• Build rapport with team leaders and staff on the production line ensuring open lines of communication
• Management of the pack house operations including all pack house staff and operations
• Sound leadership and direction in the pack house ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in pack house processes and documentation
• Provide weekly/monthly and annual reports to the Operations Manager and Director
• Building and implementing best practice policies and principles
• Develop and train a team of pack house staff
• The successful candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university preferably in an agricultural related discipline.
• Must have minimum of 4 (four) years’ experience in managing flower or perishable pack houses.
• Must have excellent management experience.
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Must have good numerical and planning skills.
• Must have an understanding and good knowledge of fresh produce industry industrial relations.
• Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
• Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
If you feel confident that you meet or surpass these expectations, please send in your CV & Cover Letter with email subject (Assistant Packhouse Manager – Fresh Produce).
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.