The ideal candidate MUST have managerial skills with a sharp business mindset. You should also be skilled at organizing and solving problems. Interpersonal and mediation skills will also be very useful, since you’ll often be acting as a liaison between managers, employees and customers.
• Assist the Sales Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers.
• Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
• Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
• Monitor and maintain store inventory
• Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
• Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
• Coach and support new and existing Sales Associates
• Suggest sales training programs and techniques
• Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs
• Analyse consumer behaviour and adjust product positioning
• Handle complaints from customers
• Research emerging products and use information to update the store’s merchandise
• Create reports, analyse and interpret data, like revenues, expenses and competition
• Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
• Proven experience as an Assistant Sales Manager with at least 1-2 years of experience.
• Diploma/Degree in the related field.
• Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes
• Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
• Good math skills with the ability to create and analyse reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
• Leadership and organizational abilities
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem-solving attitude