1. Implement standards, regulations and procedures by executing the day to day operations of the department;
2. Facilitate proper office cash management by authorizing invoices before payments vouchers are prepared;
3. Facilitate safe keeping of all accountable documents;
4. Ensure supplier definition, invoice and Validate payments in the ERP system to maintain compliance of procedures;
5. Prepare and examine payments and revenue receipts;
6. Check validity of tax compliance certificates online via TCC checker;
7. Maintain income and expenditure records to keep track of documents and manage ledger to maintain proper Accounts book keeping.
8. Prepare annual operational budgets by determining the availability of funds, activities scheduled for the year and their costs translating these into operational budgets.
9. Provide operational support to programme/ staff on expenditure management including:
i. Processing, approval and ensuring proper coding of expenditure (claims, imprests, surrenders, field office returns and purchase requisitions) and internal recoveries in accordance with approved work plans and budgets
ii. Preparation of periodic budgetary control statements to determine financial performance of individual cost centres or projects
iii. Advising on short-term action plans and budgets
iv. Holding regular review meetings with departmental heads to resolve and discuss various financial and accounting issues and queries
10. Ensure all financial data i.e. payment vouchers, claims, imprests, recharges, internal recoveries, receipts, adjustments and any other journal vouchers are keyed in and posted into the accounting system software on monthly basis.
11. Ensure that all statutory deductions are remitted to the relevant authorities before the due dates to avoid penalty payments.
12. Ensure all financial information is properly filed, secured and backed up.
13. Ensure all the assets of the Company are safeguarded.
14. Prepare bank reconciliations and ensure all reconciling differences have been approved.
15. Ensure all the assets of the Company are safeguarded.
16. Seek ways to improve timeliness and quality of service provided by finance and assist in system improvement.
17. Prepare bank reconciliations and ensure all reconciling differences have been approved.
18. Periodically review the debtors and creditors balances and ensure statements are sent out at least quarterly.
19. Ensure all the control accounts are periodically reviewed and reconciling items resolved.
20. Ensure that all the laid down procedures are duly followed in processing payments.
21. Participate in external audits by providing auditors with accounting documents as requested and providing information and explanations for audit queries.
22. Participate in cash flow management to ensure slim less run of activities.
23. Translate operational cost budget to the departments and teams.
24. Guarantee timely reporting, budgeting, financial management and forecasting.
25. Ability to translate financial concepts.
26. Any other duties as a signed
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
2. Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA final;
3. Computer literacy;
4. Three (3) years of service in a manufacturing environment.
5. Skills and Knowledge in Budgeting, financial planning; Accounting; General ledger; Financial reporting;
6. Knowledge of the Accounting system / modules
7. Valid ICPAK membership and be in good professional standing
8. Able to deliver under pressure with minimal supervision
9. Training of Trainers skills
10. Supervision of staff
• Reports to : Finance Manager
• Supervises : Accounts Assistants
: Procurement & Store Assistants
: Weighbridge Clerks