Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS FOR VACANT POSTS
25. ASSISTANT SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER: KEFRI 9
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Keeping the store-rooms clean, properly ventilated and in good condition and that the stores are well arranged and easy to access;
• Taking inventory on stored goods for record keeping, accountability and financial planning;
• Receiving and issuing stock to end users within the institute for continued smooth running of operations;
• Responsible for the safe custody of all empty cases, drums, tins and packing materials that may be of any value and records for disposal
• Making sure the bin cards are properly kept for each item of stores;
• Verification of stores and reporting of shortages and losses of stores;
• Preparation of procurement report- stock taking, reconciliation, preparation and maintenance of records;
• Implementing KEFRI and e-government procurement procedures; and
• Monitoring the movement of stores and raising stores purchase requisition to avoid out of stock.
• Any other duty assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade “C -” (C Minus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
iii) Member of professional such as Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) in good standing; and
iv) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognised institution.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.