Our client a dynamic Automotive Company based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit an Assistant Tax Manager who will be responsible for managing tax compliance, tax planning and tax risk management. The position will be responsible for driving the Group tax strategy within all markets where the Company is operational. The ideal candidate Must have over 5 years in an International Tax Environment or experience in the big 4 Audit Firm.
• Manage the implementation of the Group Tax strategy from planning, compliance, and risk management perspective.
• Build relationships and interact with stakeholders to provide excellent tax advisory expertise on business transactions and acquisitions.
• Coordinate with tax staff in all geographies and assess their performance.
• Ensure correct and timely filing of all Tax Returns based on country-specific tax calendars and review complex income Tax Returns.
• Identify tax planning opportunities within the limits of tax risk management.
• Identify and mitigate tax risks.
• Manage the tax provision process and supervise tax balances on the general ledger.
• Ensure all documents are collected on a central database and handle requests for information.
• Manage tax audits in collaboration with Group Tax.
• Ensuring that the Group adheres to the Transfer Pricing Regulations in all geographies where the Group operates and ensure proper transfer pricing documentation is maintained.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• Regional tax knowledge is mandatory.
• Must have over 5 years in an international tax environment.
• Big 4 Accounting Firm experience required.
• Tax technical skills and tax accounting.
• Project management skills.
• Ability to work on various on-going projects with good organisational and time management skills.
Monthly Gros salary: Ksh. 200,000 - 250,000 (Approx. 2,000 – 2,500 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 15th December 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience