UNITED NATIONS SUPPORT OFFICE IN SOMALIA (UNSOS)
UNITED NATIONS CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM, RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO KENYA NATIONALS ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL ALLOWANCES OR BENEFITS. FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 24 SEPTEMBER 2021
DATE OF ISSUANCE : 10 SEPTEMBER 2021
FUNCTIONAL TITLE : ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
LEVEL : NO-B
SECTION : MOMBASA SUPPORT BASE
LOCATION : MOMBASA
TYPE OF CONTRACT : TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER : UNSOS/SCMSB/019/2021
This is a Temporary Job Opening. This position is funded until 30 June 2022. Extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors in order to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Organizational setting and reporting relationships:
The incumbent reports to the Head of Office, Mombasa Support Base as the First Reporting Officer and Chief Centralized Warehousing Section as the Second Reporting Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Head of Office, the Associate Administrative Officer will be responsible for the following duties within delegated authority.
Human Resource Management
• Undertakes actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
• Provides information regarding conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
• Provides information on unit’s staffing needs for inclusion in department’s staffing table.
Budget and Finance
• Assists in developing the unit’s work program and budget; analyses inputs and formulates resource allocations by work program, or business processes.
• Monitor budget/work program with respect to Headquarters’ budget, trust funds and grants, on a regular basis, and reallocates resources as necessary.
• Supports the implementation of procedures and systems for implementing the appropriate financial database.
• Follow-up pending entitlements, payments and claims.
• Contributes to the development of budgetary guidelines for own unit.
• Supervises support staff as required.
• Monitors PMS KPIs and coordinate corrective actions as necessary
• Reviews MSB work processes and SOPs and drafts necessary changes.
• Recommends and initiates actions necessary to improve efficiency in service delivery.
• Assists in coordinating actions necessary to support training and conferences.
• Assists in coordinating actions related to archiving
• Monitors and coordinates actions related to effective warehouse management and Property disposal
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme, monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software (Umoja) and systems).
PROFESSIONALISM: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; Operates in compliance with organizational regulations
and rules; Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law, or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience: A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting, human resources management or related area is required.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
Assessment Method: Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include a substantive assessment which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History Profile (PHP) to the address mentioned below quoting vacancy announcement number and functional title on the subject line on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline 24 September 2021 will not be accepted.
Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly attach a copy of High School Certificate, Passport and or National Identification Card.
These are required as part of your application for consideration of eligibility.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).