Responsibilities include development and execution of Internal Audit plans, perform the business integrity function by carrying out investigations, presentation of investigation findings and following up implementation of remedial actions. Also perform risk and control management over operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations, determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans
• Education: Bachelors
• Experience Level: Mid-Level
• Experience Length: 2+ years
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in reporting a daily/monthly/yearly basis in the operational audits, information system audits, financial audits, etc.
• Re-perform bank reconciliations, cash reconciliations, stock reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
• Review depot/branch operations to ensure no frauds occur.
• Report promptly any discrepancies or anomalies found in the course of his duties.
• Identify gaps and weaknesses and recommended strong solutions.
• Review fuel consumption, casual salaries, petty cash expenses, workshop expenses and other expenses to ensure they are genuine.
• Assist the internal auditor in carrying out input –output analysis
• Help the auditor to make and finalize reports
• Coordinate the activities with the staff and the internal auditor concerned as the need arises i.e., during stock counts.
• Conduct in depth audit investigations into any malpractices as may be directed by the internal auditor or management.
• Inspect the financial records for any errors or omissions from time to time.
• Identify performance improvement opportunities
• Maintain an open communication and good working relationship with the internal auditor and other staff.
• Assist in any other duties as assigned.
• BCOM/BBM degree in Finance or Accounting
• 2 years’ experience in Auditing in Manufacturing or FMCG industry (preferably in Internal Audit)
• Previous Accounting experience will be an added advantage
• Recognized professional finance or accounting qualification (CPA K or ACCA)
• Incisive, analytical and communication skills
• Travel time (80%) flexible to travel outside Nairobi