Back End Engineer (SRE) at Koko Networks
Software & Data
At least two years of experience developing applications at enterprise scale using the front and back-end technologies in our stack
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- As KOKO grows within and outside Kenya, our team is looking for experienced backend engineers to join the Site Reliability Engineering Team and contribute towards the development & scaling of our cloud-based software products, be responsible for technical decisions associated, and be accountable for their successful execution.
- SREs build, run & manage large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Additionally, they keep an ever-watchful eye on our system's capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, strengthening security, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation.
- In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to many external and internal facing products. KOKO’s suite of products spans multiple technical domains and disciplines in software and hardware, and so experience in end-to-end systems thinking across distributed components is key for this role.
What You Will Do
- Actively contribute to building and deploying software applications to increase reliability and resiliency.
- Help services go live and maintain in production by working with other Backend and DevOps engineers in the team
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Help others to improve the quality of their work through regular design and code reviews
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortem.
- You will be part of an on-call rotation consisting of SREs and Engineers but you are not required to solve every infrastructure problem. Our entire engineering team practices a Dev-Ops culture and owns their respective services.
- KOKO’s technology stack currently includes (but is not limited to) AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, C++, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
What you will bring to KOKO
- At least two years of experience developing applications at enterprise scale using the front and back-end technologies in our stack
- Ability to develop robust and scalable backend services defined by RESTful APIs in Python
- Familiarity with Cloud/ SaaS architectures and how to build secure and maintainable services
- Knowledge about CI/CD and Orchestration tools.
- Strong understanding of unit testing, design patterns, and usage of tools like profilers
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (We use GIT and Jenkins)
- Worked in an Agile multi-functional team
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- Great oral and written communication skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured