Software & Data
Strong backend engineering experience in any language Passion for cross-discipline collaboration and problem-solving
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
We are looking for a passionate and sharp Backend Engineer to be a part of one of our cross-functional product development teams to help us shape the future of the time tracking industry and deliver real value to our customers with both new and improved features.
Gross annual compensation range for the role is €63,000 and we are committed to increasing salaries every year based on company and individual performance. In addition to that, we also have awesome benefits, which you can check out below.
You can work from anywhere in the world.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be taking ownership of one or more domains of our product and will work closely with other engineers and product designers in lean ways using cutting-edge technologies powering highly-available RESTful services and back-end systems.
The main technologies you will be working with are Go, PostgreSQL and Google Cloud Infrastructure.
Even though you can work whenever you want on your tasks, our team meetings can happen between 11:00 to 15:00 UTC. You need to be willing and available to attend these meetings when they happen.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- developing, scaling and maintaining some of our backend services including the API, reports and other infrastructure services that manage our product and logistics worldwide
- working with multiple teams day to day to bring more value to Toggl’s users, covering customer-facing web and native applications and public APIs
- completing small to medium features independently and in collaboration with frontend engineers
- resolving most technical issues autonomously and designing well-organized code
- driving assigned requests to improve the codebase, such as migrating it to modern frameworks and adding missing tests
We are a global team of 130+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally—in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
We would love to hear from you if you are passionate about technology and you have some experience with programming in Go.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience in any language
- Passion for cross-discipline collaboration and problem-solving
- Eagerness to learn new skills, and take ownership of your work
Bonus points for:
- Experience with our main technologies: Go, PostgreSQL and Google Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with system architecture, particularly at scale
- Experiences with Kubernetes
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured