Job Title : Barista
Location : Westlands, Nairobi.
Term of Service : 3-months’ probation period, renewable to 1-year contract upon satisfactory performance.
Who are We
Our restaurant is reimagining the concept
of casual dining, our restaurant is located in the heart of Westlands. Our
cuisine offers a fresh and colorful culinary experience reminiscient of the
actual Spring season by our use of fresh ingredients, bold plating and a burst
of flavours. At the heart our restaurant is a modern open concept kitchen
because we believe the kitchen is the core of our cooking and that magic
happens when dining at our restaurant.
We invite you to be a part of this team by submitting your application for the following roles
Main Purpose & Scope of the Job
The Barista is responsible for the preparation of all drinks or beverages with a focus on caffeinated beverages (Lattes, Espressos, Chai, etc.). All drinks must be served to guests in a timely fashion and each Barista should have the ability to educate all guests of the variations of drinks they are presented with.
He/she is responsible for preparation of non-alcoholic cocktails as per company standards.
Duties and responsibilities;
• Weigh, grind and prepare orders in line with company policy and procedure
• Take orders while paying attention to details to customer’s preferences and specifications.
• Cleaning and restocking work areas and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
• Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality.
• Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, or behind the counter.
• Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls company rules and regulations.
• Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
• Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
• Comply with health and safety regulations
• Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
• Process and expedite payment in a timely manner
• Educate guests on the variety of drinks we offer and explain the differences in preparation and presentation.
• Prepare and serve any baked items or other food products on offer
• Diploma in Food & Beverage or equivalent.
• Two years’ proven experience in a similar position.
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Attention to details and the ability to multitask
• An up-to-date Medical Food Handlers Certificate
• Ability to stand on your feet for long hours
• Careful and proper handling of food and very hot beverages
How to apply
Interested applicants to send their CVS with the title “BARISTA”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.