Pizza House Restaurant is Mogadishu’s entirely rooftop dining Restaurant. It’s located in an accessible place in the city. An ideal place for every person where you can enjoy panoramic view of the city, a night at Pizza House Restaurant will have you basking in the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere of our Rooftop setting. But it's not all about location - here at Pizza House we have forged a reputation as one of Mogadishu’s top restaurants. We believe in using only the freshest ingredients, the most talented chefs and waiting staff of the most professional standard. Be prepared to be properly taken care of by our outstanding staff whilst you enjoy our delicious cuisine.
We are still in this ever-competitive food business and have upgraded our services for the best of our clients who have supported us all these years. Our business has grown despite having many challenges. We are proud to say that we have created a strong bond with our clients.
Overview of Position
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Barista, to undertake and act as the Barista for Pizza House Restaurant. The length of this contract is one year starting from November 2021 to November 2022.The occupant of this position shall be responsible for preparing and developing Pizza House Coffee shop menu as well as introducing new varieties of hot drinks milk shakes, and smoothies with the assistance of the restaurant manager.
This contract receives day-to-day and week-to-week oversight from restaurant supervisor, he/she will be also expected to innovate and design delicious coffee with nice flavors.
• Making and serving hot and cold beverages including coffee and espresso drinks
• Weigh and measure ingredients for both hot and cold drinks and inform the storekeeper to record
• Welcoming customers at the coffee shop and inform them specials or new items
• Educating customers about menu options
• Attracting new customers and generating additional revenue; characterizing new and expanded products and services.
• Listening to customer complaints and queries and addressing their concerns in an efficient yet friendly manner, and reporting to the manager on duty without delay.
• Ensure great presentation by making latte art coffee before they are served
• Serving prepared foods such as cakes, biscotti, muffins or bagels
• Delight our Guests by providing high quality and timely prepared both hot and cold drinks
• Taste all drinks both hot and cold for quality purpose before serving
• Estimate expected coffee consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
• Consult with the manager to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
• Meets with customers to ensure a great Coffee experience
• Alters coffee or Somali tea based on consumer suggestions or requirements
• Operate and maintain all kinds of coffee shop appliances
• Process and manage drinks receipts from waiters
• Reporting potential safety hazards to the manager on duty without delay.
• Ensure the correct temperature of the coffee shop snacks to make it attractive and tasty
• Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the coffee shop
• Report any unforeseen circumstances, maintenance needs or faulty equipment to the manager
• Inform storekeeper in advance of likely shortages
• Maintain outstanding working relationships with staff, guests and supervisors
• Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
• A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Retail, hospitality, and/or customer service experience preferred
• Ability to read and speak English proficiently
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Basic mathematical skills
• Ability to problem solve quickly
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Ability to follow directions
How to apply
Applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter via "Apply Now Button" and state the position applied for from 14th September to 20th October 2021. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements