Location: Nairobi, Karen
Department: Food and Beverage
Function: F&B Service
Reports to: Supervisor- Assistant Manager, Outlet Managers
Financial Accountability:Minimize and control cost of beverages through ordering process.
Conditions of Work: Will be determined by the management depending on operational requirements
- Is honest, reliable, professional, competent and knowledgeable.
- Should be flexible and ready to work any shift given as per the requirement of the Outlet and adhere to company service standards.
- Ensure beverages are delivered as per standards and SOP’s
- Follow standards as stated by the department accordance to company policy
- To always embrace the Hemingways policy
- Ensure guests live the “Ultimate Experience”
- To follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- To handle all monies and keep bank floats from the hotel.
- To requisition, pick up, verify, and store all requisitions for juices, soft drinks and food items used for the bar areas.
- To stock the bar areas with, juices, soft drinks, glassware and condiments.
- To develop a complete working knowledge of the menu items and their ingredients and preparation.
- To develop a complete working knowledge of all products served by the bar, i.e. mocktails, specialty drinks, etc.
- To understand the menu and the daily specials as well as what is not available.
- To maintain all par stocks during service.
- To ensure that all details of service are performed properly and that every guest receives the highest quality of service.
- Ensuring bar area is cleaned and well maintained.
- Keep bar records and files well updated.
- Monitor temperature records, recipes and daily availabilities up to date.
- Minimize and control breakage
- Be creative and innovative during low seasons and high seasons to drive revenue by upselling Food, beverages, cocktails and mocktails
- To utilize the hotel's computer system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks and completing closing readings.
- To ensure proper mixing, blending, etc. of drinks.
- To service all drinks for service bar area, guests and the bar area.
- To keep the bar area neat and tidy at all times clearing dishes and glassware whenever possible.
- To ensure that the bar is stocked and all side opening and closing duties are completed.
- To greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture.
- To report any accident immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- To carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver if requested
- To handle any problem that may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved..
- To participate in service activities when needed.
- To present grooming according to the hotel standards.
- To attend all the training subjects to the service colleagues and follow all rules and policies of the hotel
- To be flexible in assisting around different areas of the hotel in response to business and client needs.
- To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before breakdown occurs
- To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed
- Coordinate and respect decisions by the team leader
- Provide bar related trainings for the service staff
- To provide lateral services or any other duties allocated by your superiors within the hotel whenever needed
- Tertiary Education or Equivalent
- 5* hotel experience
- Computer skills
- Able to manage stress
- Should have over one year experience in similar position
- Is able to do night shift
- Effective communication within the coordinating departments
- Foreign Language skills
- Multi task orientation
- Ability to handle large restaurants and guest volumes on a daily basis.
- Should be able to work under pressure in a customer service environment
- 2 year minimum experience working in a multi cultural / 5 star hotel environment.
- Well versed English communication and writing skills.
- Computer skills
- Good telephone skills
- Complaint handling skills
- Ability to pass proficiency test exams provided by the Department.