FISHERIES/BLUE ECONOMY OFFICER
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS/ DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Strategic direction & policy formulation
• Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources, relevant for project implementation.
• Prepare inputs for budgets, performance parameters and indicators, program performance reports and inputs for results-based budgeting and results-based management.
2. Operational & technical leadership.
• Identify technical assistance needs for capacity building and work with Technical Cooperation & Advisory Services to develop sustainable strategies to strengthen the capacity of Member States/Grantees.
• Support and guide external consultants, interact with government officials and other parties to ensure smooth program implementation.
• Guide and coordinate internal and external Technical experts advising and implementing activities with Member States/Grantees.
• Carry out programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the achievement of expected results.
• Organize meetings, trainings, conferences and workshops for Member State/Grantee frontline project staff
3. Budgeting & reporting
• Monitor project expenditures and utilization of funds related to the Program and ensure compliance with financial rules and regulation.
• Conceptualize and prepare Program progress and financial reports on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
Job requirements Required Skills and Competencies
1. Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to her/his domain.
2. Ability to identify and contribute to the solution of problems/issues.
3. Knowledge of various research methodologies and sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases.
4. Good analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
5. Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
6. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments.
7. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must have Degree in Bachelors degree in any of the following fields;- Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Geology, Fisheries Management, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Spatial Sciences, Chemistry, Sociology, Economics/Statistics, Environmental Law or a related field and three (3) years of relevant work experience out of which one (1) should be at a supervisory level.
Other relevant skills
i. Excellent working knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
ii. Working knowledge of policy analysis and development and program and/or project management, implementation and monitoring.
iii. Ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
iv. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
N.B Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.