DEPARTMENT OF LANDS, ENERGY, HOUSING, PHYSICAL PLANNING AND URBAN PLANNING
1. Board Member of the Malindi Municipality REF: CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRO/66/10/20
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities are as follows: -
• Oversee the affairs of the Municipality
• Develop and adopt policies, plans, strategies and programmes and may set targets for service delivery
• Formulate and implement an Integrated Development plan
• Develop and manage schemes including site development, in collaboration with relevant national and county agencies
• Maintain a comprehensive database and information system of the administration and provide public access thereto upon payment of a nominal fee to be determined by the Board
• Implement applicable National and County legislation
• Monitor and where appropriate regulate Municipal services where those services are provided by service providers other than the Board of the Municipality
• Prepare and submit its annual budget estimates for approval by the County Executive Committee and administer the budget as approved
• Monitor the impact and effectiveness of any services, policies and programmes or plans
• Establish, implement and monitor performance management systems
• Promote a safe and healthy environment.
Requirements for Appointment
• Must be a Kenyan citizen
• Holds a University degree preferable in Municipal administration or any other relevant degree from a recognized university
• Has proven experience of not less than five years in administration or management either in the public or private sector
• Demonstrate capacity to offer leadership and work under pressure
• Must be resident or has a permanent dwelling in the Municipality
• Must have lived in Malindi Municipality for at least five years or
• Must be doing business in the Malindi Municipality
Terms of service: Part time Five (5) years Contract
Other Allowances are as issued by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct (DCC)
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUSST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to; -
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 5th day of November, 2020.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
• The Kilifi County Public Service Board does not charge fees for any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.