Salama Bonds LLP is recruiting for an experienced Bonds Sales Officer responsible for the marketing and distributing of government bonds to individuals and institutional investors. Preference will be given to knowledgeable candidates in all asset classes, including money markets, corporates, treasuries, asset swaps, mortgages, and structured notes.
He/she/they will have the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for generating revenue by working on assigned leads/ accounts, cold-calling into potential clients, and building account relationships by utilizing the appropriate resources of the firm.
• Identify and understand clients’ long-term needs and provide them with access to solutions offered by our in-house resources to form a strategic and consultative relationship. Maximize opportunities to sell all of the firm’s services by referring and cross-selling with specialist departments.
• A particular focus on new business development is required, including opening new accounts and increasing the sales revenue of existing accounts.
• Strengthen existing relationships while maximizing revenue.
• Maintain a high level of organization and time management to follow up effectively on all sales-related activities.
• Accurately and consistently enter all pertinent information into the database and adhere to all database management procedures.
• Exhibit a high level of self-motivation, drive, and sales skill, demonstrating continuous progress toward achieving/ exceeding annual sales goals.
Successful Candidate must have:
• Min. 2 years and above of related Bonds’ sales experience with banks and other financial institutions preferred.
• Previous track record of success in an inside sales capacity required
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as bonds, financial market indices, rates, articles, contracts, instructions, and reports
• Assertive communication is necessary to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and communicate pertinent complex information clearly and in an organized manner.
• Negotiation skills and the ability to speak in both English and Kiswahili effectively before customers or with high-level firm employees.
• Exceptional sales skills while maintaining a high level of professionalism over the phone and in-person
• The ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure to meet deadlines, and the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment