Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
Job Title: Branch Leaders (3)
Reports to: COO
Job location: Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret- Kenya
Job Opening : 18h November 2020
Application Deadline : Open
Our client is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers and consumer finance to qualified existing customers.
It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. The organisation empowers customers unable to access formal credit, and has financed over 30,000 customers.
About this Role:
The candidate in this position will be responsible for overseeing the efficient and profitable operation of all branch activities. He / She is tasked to make decisions on behalf of the company entrusted with the branch growth. The role will be based in Kenya, with occasional travels to Uganda.
The Branch Leader will execute the following key duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the branch financials
Responsible for goal setting and goal Achievement
Responsible for the achievement of key metrics, including quality portfolio and growth metrics
Main coordinator of external stakeholders including local regulators
● Provide strong leadership to the operations team at the branch to ensure the achievement of set targets and expense control.
● Supervise staff to ensure smooth operations and service delivery at the branch.
● Supervise and coordinate the safety and security function at the branch
● Train and coach all field team and support functions on the organisation's operations, expectations, core values, rules and regulations
● Participate in the regular performance reviews for the branch staff
● Responsible for talent development and career planning for staff using tools and resources provided by the Company
● Request for needed support from head office to ensure effective team and branch operations.
● Understand and respond to client’s questions and problems
● Train other team members, especially the field team to provide good customer service to clients and resolve client complaints within the specified timelines
● Understand the customer experience by regularly participating in customer activities (e.g. Training, vetting, calls and visits to clients, impounding events, lease completion activities, and lease termination activities when necessary)
● Ensuring proper and timely assets lease management i.e acquiring necessary documentation and ensuring assets are disbursed on time.
● Monitor client’s lifecycle from onboarding, payment schedules to final closure of issuance of logbooks.
● Attracting new customers and expanding customer base in the assigned geographical regions
● Support Company’s and /or product marketing and information campaigns
Manage field operations
● Support the collection, recovery process and client’s vetting processes
● Ensure proper implementation of operations policies and procedures
● Submit operations status reports to management indicating progress, challenges and way forward
● Serve as the point of contact for all stakeholder engagements and local business partnership relationships, including regulators.
● Identify new business areas with the region Manage administrative functions for the branch by ensuring:
● Custodian of all Branch resources and ensure that they are properly utilized.
● Propose processes, procedures and cost-efficient improvements for branch operations.
● Ensure a conducive working environment with all the required resources for team productivity.
Note: This job description gives a general guideline, and therefore does not include an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities
Knowledge, experience, skills and qualification ;
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business
● At least 4+ years' of management or supervisory experience. Prior experience in asset finance/microfinance preferred.
● Unquestionable degree in integrity and transparency.
● Riding competence is a requirement for this position and must be obtained prior to start
● Excellent analytical skills.
● Highest degree of dependability and commitment.
● Connect with customers, colleagues and the community, and spot talent in others
● Fluent in Kiswahili and at least two key local languages of Kenya.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES
● Innovation : develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of the departmental output and the organisation as a company.
● Accountability : holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions, follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for the departmental success.
● Service excellence : knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external customers’ needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
● Planning and organizing : develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
● Interpersonal relationships : knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across departments/units in a constructive and collaborative manner.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills : understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques, ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience, and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
● Professionalism and maintaining the organisation's Employer Brand : maintains high level of professionalism in all correspondence and being empathetic and personable
● Positive attitude : maintains a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times.
● Flexible and resilient : willingness to travel, work in rural areas in Kenya, flexible in schedule and work hours, seeks direct feedback and sees every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
What will you gain?
Career Trajectory: This is a role with significant potential to grow as the company and Operations function grow in Kenya. Someone who does this job can be promoted to;
Senior Branch Leader, with a possibility of crossing to other functions within the operations department.
Hours and compensation: This position is for an ambitious, full-time employee who will take on additional responsibilities and projects as they arise. The organisation offers competitive salaries and benefits that reflect a person’s contributions to the company’s mission and growth.
Meaningful Work: The organisation’s work gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to earn a better living for themselves and their families. We are changing Africa’s asset-finance industry by building a sustainable business that ignites financial development. Join us!
Great Team: The organisation has a smart, fun, and growing team of ~450 employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary
team outings, as well as events for our customers. Our journey began in Kampala, Uganda and we are rapidly expanding in East Africa.
More About The organisation
The organisation has been recognized as a 2012 Unreasonable Fellow , 2014 Echoing Green Global Fellow , 2016 GSBI Fellow , a nd received the MIT Zambezi prize in 2015 as one of the top 3 financial inclusion startups in Africa. We have appeared in The Guardian , BBC , Economist .
As part of our regional expansion in East African, Kenya is now operational! Beyond geographic growth, the organisation's future will include multiple asset finance products and tools to help it to reach millions of customers without losing high touch personal support.