DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
Budget officers 11 JG ‘J’ (2 positions)
The Budget Officers shall report to the Director Budget Expenditure and Policy and shall be responsible in management of the county budgetary and policy processes.
• Control of expenditure commitments in the Departments;
• Initial evaluation and scrutiny of expenditure proposals and compilation of information required in the budgetary processes;
• Processing of Medium-Term Expenditure Framework and revised budget estimates; and
• Taking initial action for the budgeting of donor financed projects, reviewing of financial implementation of such projects, and monitoring commitments on expenditures.
• Gathering, compiling and analyzing information on commitment and expenditure trends and initiating appropriate corrective action as may be required;
• Compiling information required on budget monitoring and expenditure control including expenditures on salaries and allowances; and
• Initial processing of reallocations within the budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Arts or any other related field.
• A professional certificate in finance or accounting shall be an added advantage.
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft excel spread sheets.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a busy budget office.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300