Responsibilities for this role include ensuring the timely and day to day financial transactions capture and processing, daily reconciliation of billings, payments and bank activities, tax and other compliances, accurate preparation of monthly and quarterly financial information, preparation of monthly cashflows and all accounting duties.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Position: Business Accountant
Company: Receivable Management Services Ltd
Nairobi| Full Time
Responsibilities for this role include ensuring the timely and day to day financial transactions capture and processing, daily reconciliation of billings, payments and bank activities, tax and other compliances, accurate preparation of monthly and quarterly financial information, preparation of monthly cashflow projections for review with the CEO/Operations Manager and preparation of annual budgets for use by Management and the Board of Management in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and best practices.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Field, CPA 2 OR ACCA LEVEL 2
Experience Length: 3 years in a busy accounting environment. Understanding of the operations of a debt collection and other service enterprises will be an added advantage.
Receivables Management is a leading debt collection company in Kenya with excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results oriented and committed to continuous improvement and teamwork. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good business processes in the accounting and finance department with focus on accuracy, timeliness and quality reports that shape best business and operational practice in line with our Business Strategic Plan.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and with regular consultation with the CEO/Operations Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for this role and will make immediate and sustainable impact in building a professional accounting function that will add value to the business of Receivables Management Services Ltd.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Timely and day to day financial transactions capture and processing with proper record keeping and document management
• Daily reconciliation of billings, payments, and bank activities
• Tax and other compliances including VAT, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA
• Accurate preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly financial information
• Preparation of monthly cashflow projections for review with the CEO/Operations Director.
• Preparation of quarterly and annual budgets and forecasts
• Prepare of monthly and quarterly management accounts and other management reports required from time to time for decision-making.
• Prepare divisional reports, record variances for deviation from performance, reasons, and record corrective management actions.
• Prepare weekly flash reports for management meetings including income and expenditure, operational statistics as well as cash flow.
• Liaise with Senior Managers in reviewing accounting and management reporting systems to ensure accuracy, completeness, and relevance.
• Support audit exercises by providing required information to both internal and external auditors. Cure and close any relevant audit issues arising.
• Enhance the quality of reporting: Analysis reports such as Revenue Vs Costs per income line, trend analysis, insights, aged debtors and creditors etc. to be captured.
• Ensure General Ledger reconciliations are performed monthly.
• Any other responsibilities assigned to the jobholder by the supervisor from time to time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or other business-related fields from a recognized institution.
• Must be a qualified or partly accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA. A minimum of level 2 will be required.
• Minimum of 3 years’ accounting experience in a busy accounting environment.
• Experience in a debt collection organization, a Bank/MFI or accounts receivables function is highly desirable.
• Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Excellent grasp of Financial and Management Accounting; Taxation and relevant legislation.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, banking processes and the analysis and reporting of financial data in a value adding way.
• Preparation of Financial Statements for monthly management review and for annual audit.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulations related to the finance sector.
• Sound knowledge of macroeconomic and microeconomic environment.
• Working knowledge of financial information management systems
• Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
• Analytical skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Problem solving skills.
• Communication and Presentation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the position, your current remuneration and full contact details of 3 professional referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 4th January 2023.
Also include 1 page statement indicating why you wish to be considered for the position, why you are the most suitable candidate and what 3 accounting areas you are most conversant with among the above activities.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact shortlisted candidates.
Send your applications via "Apply Now Button"
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured