We are a fast growing microfinance seeking to hire a business development manager who will be responsible for building, training and leading a sales team, She/he will also be accountable for achieving sales targets , as agreed upon with Management.
Duties and responsibilities
• Recruit and train sales people, make hiring decisions and recommendations designed to enhance the sales effort.
• Develop strategies for penetrating the market segments.
• Make personal sales and, overtime, hand over important accounts to sales team.
• Foster a culture of excellence among the sales staff
• Support efforts to achieve the goal of becoming a preferred micro financier
• Manage budget for sales efforts
• Liaise with other leaders to coordinate sales and marketing, pricing and operations
• Bachelor’s degree in sales /marketing or related field.
• At least 5 years of experience in business development with at least 2 in banking /microfinance sector
• Experience in leadership, must demonstrate capacity to build a team
• Self starter assertive and interpersonally effective.
• Excellence in communication skills.
• Ability to engage effective conduct community outreach and engage with small scale traders, business owners and other market segments