My Health Africa was established in 2018 to help strengthen the health sector across Africa for both patients and doctors. MHA has a highly ambitious goal to become the largest integrated health platform in Africa offering a B2C health management platform for patients and a B2B SaaS medical management platform for medical professionals.
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development Manager that is exceptional at what they do, hardworking, ambitious and ready for a challenge to assist scaling the platforms across Africa.
Business Development Manager – based in Nairobi, Kenya starting ASAP.
Managing the Business Development team, the BDM will be responsible for helping build and lead a high-performing sales/BD team to be efficient, productive, and effective. This position is focused on driving rapid expansion and sustainable revenue growth for the organization.
Our ideal candidate has past experience managing high performing teams in sales and possibly marketing, places a strong emphasis on training and capacity building, as well as has exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
To excel in this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads mostly online/remotely.
The Opportunity and Challenge
The position will provide a talented individual with the opportunity to be a key player in building up My Health Africa into the leading integrated health platform in Africa.
Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will be required but not limited to:
- Contact potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Develop quotes and proposals for clients.
- Create and implement a high performing sales strategy with clear KPIs to allow us to scale our business development team to list more doctors and get more medical professionals to adopt our medical management system across Africa.
- Work with the marketing team to implement a high performing Growth Hacking plan with clear KPIs to set us up for significant growth.
- Manage a small Business Development Team and recruit other high performing Business Development team members.
- Championing the recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, coaching and disciplining of the sales team.
- Fostering a success-oriented and accountable sales environment that is metrics driven.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and KPIs.
- Participate in expansion activities to other markets and services.
- Assist to manage relationships with key accounts and write reports to send to key clients.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all key areas.
Qualifications and skills
- Experience managing sales teams is a must.
- Experience training sales team members, creating sales scripts, identifying bottlenecks in the sales process and working to remove them, coming up with other resources to help the BD close more sales is a must.
- A degree in a relevant field.
- As this is mostly a remote sales position, experience using technology in the sales process is required.
- Experience selling SaaS/Software products is a strong advantage.
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength and conceptual ability.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for each team member and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals’ capabilities and development needs, and the combination of firmness and likability that all good leaders possess.
- Decisiveness when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity.
- A very high level of energy and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Attention to detail required to deliver consistently accurate data, information and reporting on time.
- Work ethic required to do what it takes to get the job done, and invest the time required to deliver on key responsibilities in a timely fashion.
Compensation is competitive for similar startup and there is significant room for career growth as the company scales across Africa.
Apart from the base salary, a bonus structure based on meeting KPIs will be included.
How to Apply
Please send your CV/resume and covering letter and include the job title in the subject line “Application – Business Development Manager”.
Please include your expected salary with
your application and tell us why you think you would be a good Business
Development Manager and should be considered for an interview.
Position is open until filled.