JOB DESCRIPTION- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Business Development Manager role is the first point of contact a new potential client will have with CDL when they are seeking information on our products and services.
To excel in this role one must be an active listener, have excellent relationship management skills, have a compelling sales personality and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads.
• Researching organizations to find new opportunities, one will need to: identify new business opportunities - including new growth areas, trends, customers, products and services. Seek out the appropriate contact in an organization, generate leads, cold call and close prospective customers.
• Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
• Developing quotes and proposals for clients
• Building and maintaining a long-term relationship with potential and existing clients
• Be a good team player who is able to work quickly to address and resolve customer issues
• Planning marketing initiatives hand-in-hand with the Marketing department
• Co-create marketing campaigns with clients including social media campaigns and work with clients to boost their brand
• Keep abreast of the competition to see what strategies they are using and to stay ahead of the game
• Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
• Help promote and maintain a positive company image
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good business knowledge
• Organizational skills
• Negotiation skills
• Tact and diplomacy
• A good grasp of numbers and the ability to write documents in a professional style
• Be able to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and handle uncertainty
The BDM may also be required to responds to RFP's, Tenders and develops sales in new sales territories from time-to-time