Please note that we, New Age Associates, do not charge any fees to the prospective job seekers for their placement. If you receive any call or email request for fees payment, please do not pay. All fees are charges to the clients only
Position: Business Development Manager
Nationality: Kenyan Citizens
Industry: Supply Chain / Logistics / Freight forwarding
Qualification: Degree / Diploma in Freight forwarding / supply chain / logistics or equivalent.
Age Group: 30-40 years
Experience: A minimum 5 years’ experience in the Logistics sector as a Business Development Manage
Job purpose: To plan and carry out Business Development and direct sales activities to increase sales of the Group’s products and services in accordance with agreed business plans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities: Sales
1. Retaining existing customers and winning incremental revenue from them.
2. Working in close liaison with the Operations Managers to draw up proposals, agreements and other documents for customers.
3. Preparing quotations for:
1. Air, sea, road, imports and exports worldwide.
2. Local and international projects and tenders.
4. Conducting regular sales visits to customers; producing and sharing follow up reports.
5. Preparing customer profiles; folders for quotations submitted; and files for follow up in order to maintain an up to date database.
6. Preparing monthly sales reports to the Accounts Department for the purpose of determining market share and profitability.
7. Collaborating with internal departments to provide excellent customer service at all times.
8. Running regular customer feedback surveys, and sharing the results to drive service improvements.
9. Maintaining a proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving for customers.
10. Maintaining a close liaison with the Operations Department to support them in maintain a close relationship with customers.
11. Collaborating with the Operations Department to develop right solutions for customers; and guide shippers on any special shipments that involve high risks, lengthy documentation and special customs
Key responsibilities and accountabilities Business Development
12. Prospecting for, and converting, new customers.
13. Presenting the Company to prospects, using the company profile and details of services offered.
14. Preparing new collateral materials to support business development efforts.
15. Prepare and submit all tenders’ quotes and thereupon make effective follow ups till the tender is converted into actual profitable business.
16. Maintaining ISO Certifications and updating when required.
17. Liaising with Group’s Associates in the Region to develop mutual business opportunities. Achieving real growth on all products and services offered by the Company in East Africa, South Sudan, Rwanda and Burundi.
18. Assist in creating an effective SOP between the Company and its global network partner, with a view to developing a seamless partnership and increasing mutual business.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Joining: Immediate or after notice period.
If your qualification and background matches, you can email us your profile.