Only applications received via BrighterMonday platform will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
The Head of Business – Kenya
ROLE & CONTEXT
Purpose of Role
• Lead the Business Development Agenda for current and new clients to achieve the company revenue targets
• Driven by desire to win for our clients, lead in the creation of new to world innovation and fresh ideas that will deliver incremental business
• Participate and or lead in the constant review and design relevant products to meet our clients’ needs driven by consumer and market insights and
• Be part of building great capability and capacity in the Business development team
• In the last +15years Swivel Marketing has played in the face to face and experiential playgrounds extending its frontiers to most of Africa i.e., DRC, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, and Nigeria
• Swivel celebrated its 15th anniversary this year on a background of a Volatile, Uncertain, Complicated and Ambiguous world.
• Driven as ever to make brands shine at the marketplace and drive conversion, Swivel has re-ignited herself with renewed energy and focus to be the client’s preferred BTL agency in Kenya.
• For Swivel to achieve this, 4 things are core
a) Great Ideas and Selling to close on key clients
b) Excellent & Executional Speed
c) Building & maintenance of a great team
d) Deeper understanding of the market and adaption of the learnings
• It is hence imperative that Swivel puts in place a young at heart, visionary, can do it and dedicated leader to lead in the Business Commercialization agenda.
• Reports to the Head of Business Swivel Kenya on day-to-day performance and targets.
• He/She will have strong relationships with: -
a) Swivel Marketing leadership
b) Conversion House Managing Director
c) The Swivel Marketing and TiMMs General Managers in Kenya and in the region.
d) Business Development Managers
e) Office Administrator
f) Finance team
• Excellent relationships with
a) High levels of respect/contact with clients.
b) Service Providers/Suppliers
d) Peers in industry
• 50% Office 35% with Clients, 15% field.
A. Revenue Growth
• Create strategies that would lead to achievement of business set targets
• To Identify and lead the “knock on Doors” campaign to acquire new business Opportunities/clients. Funnel development and management.
• Identifying Lock strategies to maintain and attract future clients
• Identifying new market segments and channels to reach our clients target market
• To constantly analyze business performance versus targets and seek to bridge variance
• Deliver on the agreed-on revenue targets
• Ensure +100% clients and customers satisfaction
B. Operations Management: -
• Champion and lead team in bringing to life translation of brief into execution.
• Regular market visits for quality assurance
• Communication: - Lead in ensuring effective internal conversations between field. office and client
• Reporting: - Timely reporting on performance market dynamics Qualifications
• Minimum 1st degree with experience in digital world.
• Natural sales person with B2B experience
• +2 years in senior B2B Sales Position
• Understanding of BTL or ATL por Brand Management is an added advantage
• Business analysis
• Account management
• People Leadership
Leadership Capabilities & Attitude
• Strong leader
• Driven by the desire to offer excellent customer experience (CX)
• Proven high level interpersonal and communication skills including the abilities to liaise and negotiate successfully with executive management, government agencies and or NGOs
• Well, developed conceptual, strategic, and analytical abilities
• Excellent time management
• Clean and sharp organizational skills
• Strategically aligned
• Performance delivery ethic
• Commercially astute
• Leadership & coaching