- Responsible for the promotion and active selling of the company’s goods or services, which could be warehousing, freight forwarding or supply chain solutions.
- As a Business Development Manger you may be managing a team of other Business Development Executives ensuring that they manage all opportunities effectively and strategically guiding them inline with company requirements and sales targets.
- You will be expected to be able to analyse and prepare operational reports for your department for submission to your line manager.
- The Business Development Manager usually works closely with other departments to ensure company targets are appropriately set and achieved.
- As a Business Development Manager, you must be constantly seeking new opportunities and developing your team to respond to the demands of their environment and business competitors.
- You will be expected to service the needs of existing customers ensuring all aspects of their needs is being met and develop any opportunities arising.
Key skills and qualifications
- Previous business experience within the courier industry may be required.
- requires excellent transaction negotiation and closing skills.
- You will be required to have sound commercial insight and experience and be able to demonstrate strong analytical and interpersonal skills when dealing with clients.
- Team leadership and management skills
- You must be familiar with industry standard software as well as Microsoft Office Suite