Reporting to: Commercial Sales Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Overall Job Purpose
Implement the corporate sales strategy within the assigned markets in line with the overall business strategy in order to achieve the company sales target, growth and profitability.
Key Deliverables for this Position
• Achieve corporate Sales targets & customer base growth
• Achieve cash and stockholding management targets
• Achieve Customer service delivery targets
• Achieve set permanent journey plan and set Cost targets
• Develop business growth strategies and plans that are reviewable quarterly and annually
• Prepare monthly sales targets splits, per targeted prospective clients for each product which will be monitored and reviewed by the line manager.
• Ensure t sales targets are achieved as per the budget numbers and forecast aligned with the overall company budget and forecast numbers.
• Plan and execute structured customer visits to ensure pitching for new business as per the projected pipeline sales with clear objectives and progress reports.
• To facilitate onboarding of new clients and provide continuous support throughout the process in order to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
• Customer Relationship Management by managing and developing alliances with the existing customer base within the assigned markets to enhance the achievement of sales and profitability objectives.
• Planning and developing Export markets within the region for our business portfolio
• Monitoring and reporting of market trends and conditions, competitor activities, products, prices and developments. Prepare and provide relevant reports and information based on the two to guide management decision making.
• Prepare and submit accurate and timely weekly / monthly / quarterly sales reports to the manager to facilitate a comprehensive sales performance review and proper planning for the various segments.
• Participate and represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and promotions in order to attract new customers, promote our brand and enhance customers’ awareness of the company’s product range.
• Implement a collection plan geared towards ensuring collection targets are achieved and cash flow levels are maximized. Ensure the territory AR is at zero (100% collection)
• Conduct periodic product training for both existing and potential customers to enhance both our brand awareness and product knowledge.
Academic & Professional Qualification:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Economics, Sales and Marketing or any relevant field
• Advanced Diploma in sales and marketing or a professional certification in sales and marketing as an added advantage
• Membership in a professional body.
Relevant Knowledge & Experience:
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role in manufacturing/FMCG
• Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze economic environments and business opportunities in a systematic and detailed manner
• Knowledge of changing market forces and corporate sales.
• Commercial awareness.
• Export knowledge in B2B business
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop effective partnerships and work in a diverse team
• Effective time management and organizational skills with demonstrated reliability in meeting deadlines and commitments
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Remain engaged, proactive and open to new methods and ways of thinking
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision, under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast moving competitive environment.
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Personal ownership and accountability
• Energized, positive, passionate and confident.
• Flexible - Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which include evenings, weekends and holidays.