The Business Development and Proposal Writing officer works to identify client opportunities, facilitate client engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities.
The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor and client support and grow out portfolio effectively.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Expertly speak on behalf of the organization to institutional funders and international government officials.
- 2-3+ years of work experience in fundraising or business development in a local and global development context.
- Excellent external communication and writing skills.
- Highly organized team player, with pro-active and flexible work style.
- Strong existing networks in the institutional funding community preferred. Ideal candidate would be able to leverage past relationships to develop a strong pipeline of new partnerships.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in sustainability related issues broadly
- Humility, integrity and willing to learn
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 5th March 2020