Our client is a well-established and reputable Business Law firm. They seek to hire a Business Law Associate focused on clients in the Manufacturing and Trade sector and be their legal advisor, resolve business disputes and ensure the businesses comply with the law and regulatory bodies.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Roles and Responsibilities
• Managing multiple clients, matters, and legal activities that carry varying deadlines.
• To understand the fundamentals of the client’s work and their business goals.
• To understand the client’s industries and the stakeholders involved.
• To ensure compliance with local, county, national, and international laws that regulate the economic sector or industry to which the business belongs.
• As business becomes increasingly globalized, you need to understand how law impacts business both domestically and abroad.
• To advise the client about their legal rights and responsibilities.
• To provide legal advice to the client before they decide on issues that affect the business.
• To provide advice to support the client’s day to day operations.
• To provide legal advice on the implications of government actions, new laws and regulations and other stakeholder actions.
• To anticipate problems that may arise for our clients and provide innovative solutions to avoid such problems.
• To minimize the client’s exposure to litigation.
• To render legal opinions and interpretation of pertinent court rulings, which might have an impact on the business and financial interests of our clients.
• To ensure that the necessary documents are filed with the appropriate governmental authorities and that the documents contain all the information and disclosures required by law.
• To understand and navigate the effects of modern technology.
• To ensure all legal documents are complete, accurate and properly stored.
• To educate our clients regarding various legalities and illegalities throughout their day to day business.
• To work with in-house legal departments and provide advice to the people running and working in the business.
• To act as the liaison between the client and its stakeholders.
• To tap into your networks to assist our clients.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
• Undergraduate Law Degree (LLB) OR) Graduate Law Degree with upper second-class honours
• Admitted to the Bar as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya; with at least 6 years post bar admission
• 7 - 8 years (Minimum 6+ years Post Admission) Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation Experience in a medium to large law firm or in-house department
• Must have experience resolving business disputes: Arbitration, Litigation & Mediation
• Practice Experience in Manufacturing & Trade (Manufacturers, Retailers, Import & Export, Regulators & Business Associations).
• In depth knowledge of how business entities operate & function.
• Exposure to all elements of commercial transactions.
• Able to Budget, Bill and collect fees on their matters.
• Marketing, networking and business development skills commensurate with the role.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured