The role holder will be responsible for the following within the region of operation:
• Deepening distribution and reach through channel expansion.
• Driving distribution and sales excellence to achieve highest productivity possible.
• Overseeing regional right execution daily (RED) across company businesses.
• Delivering regional business goals and objectives including Revenues, Market Share, Profit, Customer service, Retention and strong People leadership.
• Top-line and bottom-line growth for company business operations through superior commercial acumen and excellence in execution.
• The role will provide leadership and synergy to a cross functional team cutting across General Trade, Commercial Business, Retail accounts, Service, CVM and Marketing.
• Market penetration and entrenchment of the company as the undisputable no.1 in video entertainment in Kenya in Pay Television and video on demand services
• Driving market leadership in all our categories, Net Promoter Score and Brand consideration by positioning our brands as accessible and better option for all.
• Developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with regional governments and statutory bodies to ensure sustained business.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES, MEASURES & CONTACTS
The key accountabilities, interfaces and measures of this role are further elaborated below:
Sales Execution and Operational delivery
• Execute the sales strategy in the region ensuring that business plan targets are met by generating customer and commercial sales.
• Oversee sales planning, operational forecasting, partner management and trade marketing within the region.
• Responsible for achieving the consumer-commercial target of Gross Revenue, Net Revenue, EBITDA Cash Flow & growth in subscriber numbers.
• Execute the sales strategy & drive the performance of the company’s Brands in the region.
• Ensure timely execution of strategic & operational objectives.
• In liaison with the Head of Sales, develop and execute innovative market development opportunities.
• Lead and drive consistent market execution strategies & initiatives enabling excellence in sales operations (Right Execution Daily - RED) across the regions.
• Execute strategies to drive business growth and leading projects.
• Drive and champion all digital transformation strategies & initiatives in the region.
• Execute the commercial ‘go to market’ channel structure within the region and identify new commercial opportunities.
• Provide the Head of Sales with on the ground insights across all aspects of the business.
• Provide formal input into business processes and areas to address operations.
• Assist the market on business casing.
• Deliver best standards customer service and ensure customer experience initiatives are implemented for all customer touch points within the region.
• Ensure optimal operations insights around key performance indicators e.g. call volume, first call resolution, social care queries and self-service use.
• Identify customer friction points and create plans with customer experience teams.
• Ensure all Operational queries/ issues raised get resolved.
• In liaison with the Marketing and Brand Communications teams, implement and execute strategic marketing plans for the entire region whilst managing and coordinating marketing and creative staff within the region.
• Provide retention and CVM assistance & roadmap for the region as per set KPIs.
• Drive in-market CVM activities within the region, maximizing value extraction from the active base through effective upselling, prevention and winback.
• Provide key insights into the performance of CVM campaign initiatives and impact on key KPIs such as churn, retention and sales.
• In liaison with the Field Services Manager, provide support to installers by channelling technical issues to the relevant teams for quick resolutions and improve customer experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The incumbent is required to have the following qualifications and experience level:
• 7+ years’ experience in a sales and distribution leadership role with a leading FMCG, Telco, Technology or digital mobile brand or Bank leading, directing and managing large complex teams.
• A first degree in any discipline. An MBA is an added advantage.
• Post Graduate Qualification or Equivalent NQF Level 8 Qualifications in Marketing e.g. CIM and MSK, Business Management or similar.
• Executive education and leadership training such as a program in management development or leadership development.
• Experience selling to hotels and pubs is an added advantage
• General management experience is an added advantage.
• Strong financial, commercial acumen and experience in channel partner management.
• Deep sales and distribution knowledge; extensive knowledge of routes to market in Kenya.
• Experience in trade marketing or leading trade marketing teams, experiential marketing and market impact teams.
• Ease navigating through matrix organizations and virtual teams.
• A mix of B2C, B2B2C and B2B experience will be a huge advantage.
• Proficient in computer applications.
• Digital savvy.
The incumbent is required to have the following functional competencies:
• Selling Skills.
• Commercial Acumen.
• Financial Management.
• Negotiations Skills.
• Customer Relationship Management.
• Developing Value Proposition.
• Product/Brand Knowledge.
• Financial Management.
• Risk Management.
• Governance and Compliance.
The incumbent is required to have the following behavioral competencies:
• Can do attitude.
• Strategic Thinking.
• Risk Management.
• Negotiation Skills.
• Future Oriented.