Function / Department: Call Center,
Reports To: Team Manager,
Remuneration: Commission based,
• Perform various duties on assigned accounts such as recording, verification and validation of customer’s details as received from Clients.
• Advise customer on ways of clearing their debts while communicating with them on the importance of paying their debts and consequences of non-payment.
• Act as a mediator for disputes between customers and principals/Clients
• Locate and notify customers on defaulted accounts by mail, telephone, or scheduled visits in order to ask for payments
• Deliberate with customers by telephone or in-person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the credit terms for easier settlement of debts.
• Initiate the clearance process on cleared debts once you receive payment proof and have the same uploaded by the relevant department.
• Provide customers with their correct account details e.g. balances, account numbers etc.
• Maintaining data integrity and keep customer details confidential.
• Attend to customers during scheduled/unscheduled meetings.
• Record information about the financial status of customers and status of collection efforts in the company’s system.
• Respond to all correspondences e.g. e-mail, telephone, postal mail.
• Organize, manage and implement the most suitable debt recovery method and techniques. Negotiate credit extensions if and when required.
• Preparation of reports as required.
• Possession of a Diploma in any field from a recognized institution with at least 1-2 years’ experience in Collection/Credit or Sales and Marketing environment (Diploma (Banking/Credit management background will have an added advantage)
• Strong analytical power, good problem-solving skills and ability to work under immense pressure.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to manage stakeholders. ·
• Fluency in both spoken and written English is a must. ·
• Computer literate & English proficiency.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Call Centre Officers – Debt Collection) before 11th October 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.