The caregiver should be intentional and prompt in carrying out of all the duties regarding the care of the children
- Minimum Qualification:Certificate
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Duties will include:
• Control children’s’ discipline and should be a role model to them, as God calls us to be the trainers of these children. (prov22:6),
• Imparting life skills to children under their care so that they are able to do personal tasks with minimum assistance. E.g., bathing, making beds, laundry, dressing, brushing teeth, homework etc,
• Ensure that all behavior problems are known to the one who takes care of the discipline at NV on time to allow timely procedure in helping,
• Responsible to carrying out evening devotions, one on one prayers before bed time and should be involved in church service, in all duties, including teaching as required by the director of spiritual care and counseling,
• Train songs, skits, bible verses in preparation for Sunday and also be active to help the children with their daily activities. Above all, a mum should ensure the engagement of the children to avoid idleness,
• Give medicines to the children at the right time and at the right dosage, and sign for the same immediately,
• Assist the nurse in checking on the medication signup sheets to confirm the medicines are given as prescribed on need to need basis,
• Ensure children are neat and that the dormitories are tidy every day. This involves organizing shoes, clothes, toys, books and their personal items,
• Make sure that children take meals at the allocated time and should keep to the dining hall rules at all times,
• While working in the babies’ room, ensure that babies get all their meals regularly and help with any other duties where necessary, as you work together with the baby room mum,
• Observe children for any unusual behavior and if there is any, it should be written first as an incident report (notable event report) and then reported to the relevant department i.e. health care, counseling, spiritual care etc,
• When working as a night watch mum, ensure whole night watch and write a report in the morning of any occurrence as incident reports and also hand over verbally to the relevant departments,
• Ensure all lights are put off when not in use. No lights should go on after hours and also ensure calmness in the dorms for the sake of others in the neighboring dorms,
• Plan to attend meetings organized by your department heads and participate in the meeting discussions. This is mandatory except with permission from the director,
• Work as a team and must communicate to each other as much as possible and not let personal differences hinder communication for the sake of proper management of the children,
• Training in nurse aid, in addition to the form four certificate is highly desirable,
• Over 5 years working experience.
• Passionate about serving children.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured