Cash & Markets Assistant
International Rescue Committee
Estate Agents & Property Management
The Cash and Markets Assistant will play a critical role in ensuring the effective day to day management of administrative tasks and operations of a team of cash and market specialists within the ERD TU.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:1 year
The Cash and Markets Assistant will play a critical role in ensuring the effective day to day management of administrative tasks and operations of a team of cash and market specialists within the ERD TU. This includes providing support for meetings scheduling, team coordination, knowledge management, communications, events planning, finance, procurement, and other administrative tasks. They ensure that all necessary IRC systems, policies, and procedures are understood, and used by unit team members.
Cash communications and Knowledge Management:
- Support the development and maintenance of ERD’s RescueNet (IRC intranet) and Rescue.org pages with information on cash and voucher (CVA) activities.
- Prepare regular communications updates for internal and external websites and newsletters on CVA activities, including the creation of blog posts, with input from the cash team.
- Lead on the development and dissemination of the Cash Flash newsletter, a bi-monthly newsletter shared within the IRC.
- Represent the cash team in ongoing intra- and inter-departmental projects such as the ERD Community of Practice, a monthly meeting that convenes global IRC ERD colleagues to share findings and implementation experiences, working closely with ERD Program Assistant and the Livelihoods Officer.
- Coordinate translations of key documents with external translation services
- Support on resource development, including updating key documents with up-to-date statistics, fact-checking external communications, and formatting documents for internal and external dissemination
- Maintain and update a catalogue of team tools and resources, including regularly engaging with content leads to ensure that all relevant materials are updated.
- Lead the maintenance of the cash team’s content management, collaboration, and file-sharing system (Box)
Cash Team Operations:
- Support project management of the cash team component/priorities of the ERD Technical Unit annual workplan.
- Support cash team members on the implementation of Technical Unit-led grants, general procurement processes and other administrative support for cash-team led grants.
- Assist the cash team with the planning and logistics of workshops, conferences, meetings, team retreats, and other travel where the cash team is participating, in collaboration with the ERD Program Assistant.
- Lead scheduling of key cash team meetings and maintain related logistical documents (scheduler, workplan, meeting notes, issues tracker, etc...), this includes support and coordination of the IRC-wide Cash Working Group (CWG) meetings, agenda, workplan, etc
- Conduct other administrative tasks as needed in support of the smooth operations of the cash team.
- High school diploma required; Associates/Bachelor’s degree in social science, nutrition, food security, agriculture, logistics or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of work experience providing related non-profit and/or administrative work. Experience working or volunteering in emergency, recovery post-conflict or development contexts or with similar client-groups with which IRC works with preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and experience with financial and procurement systems and/or documents editing and graphic design.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Box (cloud-based content management, collaboration, and file sharing).
- Excellent Microsoft Teams, Zoom and similar remote work platforms skills.
- Excellent note taking skills and attention to details.
- Knowledge of CVA programs and/or CVA trainings or certifications preferred.
- Skills for, and interest in, providing creative means of training and developing staff in organizational systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated dedication to an anti-racist and Do No Harm approach, gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills involving listening to, interacting with, and communicating clearly with people from diverse nationalities and backgrounds with a high degree of professionalism and pro-activity.
- Capacity to work flexible hours, as appropriate to accommodate for different time zones.
- Proven organizational skills: proficiency in working productively under remote team and management structures across teams.
- Language: Demonstrated excellence in English is required, one of the other three IRC working languages – Arabic, French, or Spanish highly desirable.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured