JOB TITLE: CCTV MONITOR
REPORTING TO: SECURITY MANAGER
We are looking for you!! Is it your career dream to start and grow your career from the most enabling exciting and rejuvenating environment? Is security your passion? Are you a person who is detail oriented, focused, innovative, techno survey, result-oriented, self-driven, enthusiastic, and open minded? If these few words describe you and relate to you, we would love to give you this opportunity to join us as a CCTV Controller and monitor reporting to the Security Manager.
WHO ARE WE?
A market leader in the Engineering Manufacturing industry specializing in premium cables and conductors manufacturing. We have for more than four decades maintained a heritage for the production of quality cables and conductors. With our manufacturing plants in Kenya and Tanzania we competently serve our clients across African countries. We are the trusted partners for the provision of high-quality cabling solution.
1. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES.
· To operate monitor and maintain all systems within the Control Room in an efficient manner
· Ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with and in compliance with company procedures, relevant statutory requirements, and the codes of best practice.
· Ensure to consistently watch the footage in a focused and observant manner and in the event anything unusual suspicious or questionable is witnessed make a detailed note and report accordingly and immediately to the security manager.
· Ensure to properly store and archive the footage appropriately.
· To protect property, assets, persons within East African Cables premises and jurisdiction and ensure the security of data is maintained
· Operate maintain and repair the CCTV equipment.
· To proactively identify and act on risks and deter crime (theft, pilferage, fraud, etc.)
· To watch out for looming danger and report immediately.
· To liaise with the Security manager and other members of staff to ensure the appropriate use of the security system. This will include all evidential records and witness statements to a standard acceptable to the rules of evidence.
· Ensure proper recording of all events and actions taken in a clear, legible, and accurate written format in the provided tools/ documents
· To provide an efficient and courteous telephone answering service and deal efficiently with all inquiries during and after duty hours.
· To promptly report equipment failure to the security manager to maximize operation of the system.
· Maintain a secure system for providing data in accordance with the procedures established by the company and ensure the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times.
Ensure consistent recording / back-up of CCTV footage and maintain the provision of information required by the Security Manager and the supervisor to assist the monitoring of the CCTV system and other security systems in accordance with the procedures established by the company and the integrity of evidential material.
· To support the Security Manager and security supervisor by monitoring of the maintenance Programme to ensure full all systems and equipment are consistently in good working order.
· To be aware of your responsibilities in terms of health and safety, including identifying at your appraisal, appropriate health, and safety training.
· To ensure that you approach your duties taking into consideration the principles of best practice, honesty and integrity.
2. POSITION SPECIFICATION
· A Degree in Criminology or equivalent qualification.
- Background from the disciplined forces with proven knowledge of crime or fraud detection.
· At least 4 years experience in security management and law enforcement procedures
· Must requirement
· A Certificate of good conduct and letter of discharge from the previous employer.
- Surveillance system knowledge
- Attention to detail.
- Highest level of Integrity.
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
If Confident that you meet the above requirements and are keen to grow your career through this exciting opportunity, please submit your application and details not later than 30th November 2021.