XIII. Chairperson of the Audit Committee
Requirements for the appointment
i. Degree in Finance /Economics /Law or any other relevant field.
ii. Should have at least 5 years’ experience in any of the following field; Accounting, Economics, Finance, Auditing, Law, Risk Management.
iii. Should have knowledge in government affairs and County government operations.
iv. Should possess leadership skills
v. Should NOT be past or present employee of County Assembly of Machakos
vi. Should NOT be a political office holder or an agent /employee of a business organization which is carrying out any business with County Assembly of Machakos in the last two years.
vii. The candidate who intends to be appointed as Chairperson must be a registered member of a professional body.
viii. Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
• Terms of Appointment
The member shall serve on part-time basis for a period of three (3) years and shall be eligible for re-appointment based on performance for a further one term only.
The member shall be paid allowances as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
• Each application should be accompanied by detailed CV, and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National identification card or passport and other relevant testimonials
• Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for,clearly marked on the left top side. And either hand delivered to the assembly offices or posted to the following addressed:
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 1168-90100
• Online applications may be submitted as PDF attachment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information to all applicants
1. Applications should reach the Secretary, County Assembly Service Board on or before 13th May, 2021
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance /compliance certificate from the following agencies
a) Ethics and Anti-corruption commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of criminal Investigation
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.