Job Title : Chef (Sous Chef)
Location : Westlands, Nairobi.
Term of Service : 3-months’ probation period, renewable to 1-year contract upon satisfactory performance.
Who are We
Our restaurant is reimagining the concept
of casual dining, our restaurant is located in the heart of Westlands. Our
cuisine offers a fresh and colorful culinary experience reminiscient of the
actual Spring season by our use of fresh ingredients, bold plating and a burst
of flavours. At the heart our restaurant is a modern open concept kitchen
because we believe the kitchen is the core of our cooking and that magic
happens when dining at our restaurant.
We invite you to be a part of this team by submitting your application for the following roles
Main Purpose & Scope of the Job
The Chef oversees food preparation and cooking in the restaurant. He/she is responsible for preparing high quality meals, creative plating, ensuring hygiene and safety standards are met, timely meals preparation and delegate some operations to kitchen staff.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Ensure that all dishes are cooked well and presented in an aesthetically pleasing way
• Oversee food preparation, checking that all kitchen staff are performing their duties
• Monitor equipment quality and liaise with the head chef to order new equipment as needed
• Supervise cooks and delegate to kitchen staff.
• Assist in training new kitchen staff
• Preparing meals and food to meet the specifications of guests in a timely manner
• Properly measuring kitchen ingredients and food portions
• Ensuring kitchen staff adhere to set standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements
• Using kitchen knives and equipment such as grills, ovens, steamers and warmers in food preparation
• Managing the kitchen inventory and ensuring supplies are fresh and of high quality
• Ensuring proper food temperatures when cooking and proper storage afterward
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
• Taking charge of kitchen opening, closing and other side duties as directed by the Head Chef
• Diploma in Food production
• 2 years proven work experience as a chef
• An up-to-date Medical Food Handlers Certificate
• Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment
• Basic training in firefighting and first-aid skills.
• Great Customer service
• Flexible and able to work for long hours.
• Up-to date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
• Great planning and Organizational skills
• Time management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work under extreme pressure
• Ability to communicate in a fast-moving environment
• Ability to make good food consistently, even in a busy kitchen
How to apply
Interested applicants to send their CVS with the title “CHEF”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.