• Minimum experience 2 years
• Diploma and above
• Should be able to facilitate learning for a candidate class
• Conversant with learner centred methods of teaching
• Willing to learn and be guided.
Job description/requirements are as follows:
High professional standards of performance are expected as a Bristar Girls High School teacher.
Your practice must be guided by our school's Pillars and Values. You are expected to continuously demonstrate how these pillars and values are integrated in your pedagogical planning, delivery, outputs and in your interaction with the wholesome school environment.
1. To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough modern pedagogical knowledge, that you can facilitate and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development, support the modern school systems, processes and procedures and support students to perform to their maximum potential.
2. Facilitating at least two subjects as per the School time table.
3. Making pedagogical plans i.e. schemes of work, course outlines, lesson plans, project plans, field trip plans, CREP (Creative Research Project) plans, etc for all your instructional activities;
4. Execute all instructional processes for your assigned subject: from instructional planning; student goal setting and individual instructional intervention measures; curriculum content delivery; testing and evaluation;
5. Set exams, present them for moderation as per the curriculum plan, participate in the review, revise, administer, mark, analyse, publish results and review performance with students.
6. Continuously and demonstrably support all students under your care to achieve her academic and non-academic goals.
7. Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises.
8. Demand responsibility from and hold the student accountable to the school's pillars and values, her own goals, and the Bristar code of conduct.
9. Preparing pupils for qualifications in KCSE.
10. Proposing, planning for and participating in co - curricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events.
11. Efficiently execute teacher on duty roles as provided for in the duty roster and guided by the approved policy on teacher on duty roles and responsibilities.
12. Participating in departmental meetings, staff meetings, ad hoc meetings, parents' meetings and whole school events.
13. Updating your pedagogical techniques and skills to comply with the demands of modern pedagogy.
14. Support peer professional growth and collaborative teaching through skill and information sharing, team teaching, peer review and maintaining collegial relationships with all staff.
15. Perform any other instructional and/or administrative duties assigned to you by the School management or your immediate supervisor.