Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
1. JOB DETAILS:
Job Title: Role Profile – Chief Accountant GL & AP
Reports to: CFO
Direct Reports: Multiple
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade: BAND H
2. JOB PURPOSE:
This role will support the CFO in ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures with major emphasis on - cash control, sales accounting and approvals credit controls & approvals, stock controls, audit report follow-up and day to day internal controls review and improvements. The position will focus on the following key areas:
• CASH CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT
• FINANCIAL OPERATIONS
• COST ACCOUNTING
• REVIEW OF INTERNAL CONTROLS
• PROJECTS ACCOUNTING & ANALYSIS
• MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS
• MANAGEMENT OF THE SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES
3. JOB DIMENSIONS:
Direct Reports: Multiple
Total Reports: Multiple
• Cash control and management - review the cash collection process to ensure that cash collected is banked and posted into the customer account in the ERP. Review controls on manual receipts and ensure that they are reviewed and posted into the system. Additionally, constantly adherence to down payment process, bank transfer controls and ensure that the DOA on when to invoice is being adhered to.
• Financial Operations – Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations i.e. Coordinate GL, Tax, Cost Accounting and AP operations
• Cost Accounting - Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role i.e. AP, GL and forecasting, budgeting. Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the aftersales department and Sales team in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis. Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost overruns Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
• Management Accounts - Responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission and, ensure timely closing of these accounts for reporting purposes
• Management of subsidiary countries - Support CFO in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy
• Review of policies and procedures - regularly assess whether there any SOPs or procedures manual that exist in the organization covering different areas, review their suitability and effectiveness and recommend/proposal revisions and review.
• Review of Internal Controls -carry out regular reviews to ensure that revenue recognition in the financials is based on on-going sample checks. Additionally, review the sales process and ensure that proper documentation and approvals are sort as per company DOA.
• Branch visits, training and audits – conduct regular visits to branches ensuring that regular verification of inventory, cash and bank reconciliations and check whether Company SOPs are being adhered.
Experience / Skill Set The ideal candidate will have:
• Over 7 years of PQE finance experience (audit back ground will be an added advantage)
• CPA (K) and BA in Finance/Accounting
• Good Understanding of IFRSs and ERP systems
• Very strong excel & accounting knowledge
• Good interpersonal & organization skills
• Analytical mind and with a keen eye for detail.