The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI) is a body Corporate established by the Science, Technology and Innovation Act, 2013. The mandate of NACOSTI is to regulate, assure quality and advice the Government on matters of science, technology and innovation.
To achieve this mandate the Commission seeks to fill the following vacant positions:
Chief Analyst, Health and Biological Sciences (GRADE ST 3)– 1 POSITION- REF: CAHBS/1/2/2020
Reporting to the Director Scheduled Sciences, the Chief Analyst will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
i. Develop draft policy briefs for advisory and priority setting within Health and Biological Sciences;
ii. Implement programs for the promotion and awareness creation on the research system within Health and Biological Sciences;
iii. Propose priority programs for the development of Health and Biological Sciences;
iv. Provide input into the review of applications for registration of research institutions and licensing of research projects in Health and Biological Sciences;
v. Provide secretariat to the Advisory Research Committee within Health and Biological Sciences; and
vi. Prepare position papers in Health and Biological Sciences;
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, an applicant must have: -
i. Bachelor’s degree in Health and Biological Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university
ii. Master’s degree in Health and Biological Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university
iii. At least ten (10) years relevant work experience in a public or a private institution
iv. At least three (3) years experience in management
v. Demonstrate results in work performance
vi. Membership to a relevant professional body where applicable
vii. Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution
viii. Demonstrate the following
key competencies and skills:
a) Proficiency in IT
b) Communication and reporting skills
c) Strategic thinking
d) Analytical skills;
e) Interpersonal and negotiating skills;
g) Team player
h) Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Candidates MUST fill the Application for Employment Form which can be downloaded from the following link: www.nacosti.go.ke/index.php/careers
2. Candidates MUST submit manual (hard copy) AND electronic (online) applications.
3. All applications should be submitted together with a cover letter, duly filled Application for Employment Form, duly filled summary table in Ms Word downloadable from the website, detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of ID/Passport, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents.
4. Manual applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly indicating the reference number and should be delivered to:
The Director General
National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation
NACOSTI Headquarters Building, Kabete off Waiyaki Way
P.O BOX 30623-00100 Nairobi, KENYA
5. Online applications should be submitted via email to: email@example.com
Applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on 30th November 2020.
NACOSTI is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualifications.