The Machakos Public Service Board wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the following positions. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 59, 63 of the County Governments Act, 2012
1. Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O) Machakos Level-5, ONE POST (1)
(a)Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure prudent management of resources for the achievement of the hospital's mandate and strategic Objectives.
• To ensure that the Level 5 Hospital's Strategic plan is implemented efficiently, the performance contract objectives and targets are negotiated, achieved and reported in time and the annual operations plan and budgets prepared and submitted in compliance with statutory requirements.
• To oversee and direct development and implementations of the hospital's strategic initiatives and capacity building in line with goals and aspirations of Kenya's Vision 2030 and the National Health Sector Strategic plans.
• To provide the needed transformational leadership of Level 5 Hospital to meet citizens' expectations in line with the new constitution of Kenya.
• To initiate establish, strengthen and oversee inter-institutional collaborations and strategic partnerships for the realization of the hospitals mandate and strategic objectives.
• To ensure that hospital's staff remains motivated to discharge their responsibilities effectively and efficiently and in compliance with human resource management policies and practices.
• To establish and sustain effective relationship with the Board of Management. The Government, parent Ministry, regulatory bodies, partners/collaborators, funding agencies, the media, other stakeholders and staff in the interest of the hospital and its clientele.
• To promote a culture of compliance with regulations, statutory requirements, good corporate governance principles and best practices in the hospital.
• Human resources and talent growth and oversee the hospital’s talent strategy. Work closely with the team on long-term planning of incentive structures, and infusing HR operations with innovation and creativity. Mentor and develop the senior management team. Develop an organizational culture that is inclusive and embraces diversity where all staff, whatever their background and role feel supported, valued, listened to, empowered, and involved where the needs of patients are put first.
• Service delivery and quality: Bears ultimate responsibility for clinical governance, patient safety, compliance and the overall delivery of high quality, cost effective services to consumers of healthcare facility. Maintain organization reputation as the highest quality healthcare hospital in the region. Create a culture of ongoing performance improvement. Patient-centeredness and consistency of quality of service provision.
(b)Requirements for Appointment
• Masters' degree in relevant field.
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
• Professional qualifications in advanced management, health systems management, hospitality strategic management or finance;
• At least ten (10) years' executive management experience of significant teams;
• The attitude and enthusiasm of a self-driven, hands on leader, this is not a behind-the-desk job- you will be working hand in hand with a dedicated health team running a 24/7 operation and will need to respond to emergencies, meet deadlines, and inspire stakeholders.
• Knowledge or experience in service industry
• Excellent financial and people management skills
• Ability to engage and communicate strategically and build str relationships with stakeholders;
• Working knowledge in Computer Applications.
• Public relations and stakeholder engagement skills.
Terms of service: (5) year Contract
Job Group: S
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries & Remuneration Commission (SRC)
MANDATORY INTEGRITY CLEARANCE
• Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
• Clearance from Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of National Police
• Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Clearance from former employer where applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and Qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Machakos County Website : http://machakosgovernment.co.ke/jobs , Job Portal : http://18.104.22.168:8069/jobs or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
so as to reach the undersigned on or before 3rd November 2020 at 23:59 (East African Time).
Applicants must attach scanned copies of academic certificates, professional certificates & National Identification card.
Email applicants must fill the official job application form accessible from Machakos County website then scan and send together with scanned copies of academic certificates, professional certificates, National Identification card and integrity clearance documents.
It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
The Shortlisted Candidates will be required to:
1. Produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Machakos County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
MACHAKOS COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P.O. BOX 603- 90100 MACHAKOS