Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Division/ Department: Finance
Supervisor: Managing Director
The role holder will be a key member of the company’s Management team, with the primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting and finance, with a focus on charting the financial course for the next 5 yrs and beyond. The CFO will also be a partner in shaping & executing the company’s strategy.
Chief Financial Officer
• Responsible for the completion & management of the financial accounts and statutory reporting ensuring full adherence to the required regulations, laws & accounting standards.
• Ensures full compliance with local regulatory financial reporting requirements.
• Ensures monthly management reporting is submitted to group finance in accordance with the set deadlines, including the provision of qualitative & quantitative commentary.
• Manages the budget cycle, ensuring compliance with company requirements.
• Preparation of financial forecasts as and when required.
• Produces accurate & timely reporting to the Managing Director and various committees for which the CFO will be required to attend and present to.
• Create and maintain the capabilities within the finance function to create cashflow reporting, liquidity and capital management for presentation to senior management.
• Establishes Key Financial Performance Indicators and regularly reports on such.
• Maintains a strong relationship with the external auditors and manages the annual audit process.
• Proposes solutions for managing & mitigating any currency risks stemming from the business
• Responsible for taxation oversight and compliance with the relevant laws.
• Helps to support the development of systems that improve the overall operation & effectiveness of the organization.
• Contributes to the cost control management of the business.
• Manages the company’s bank accounts & funds flow in strict adherence to policy.
• Attends to special assignments requested by the Board.
• Evaluates the finance department structure & team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency & effectiveness of the function.
Skills and Competencies
i. 10+ years experience in a senior financial managerial position in the petroleum industry
ii. Strong and up to date knowledge of current financial & accounting systems
iii. Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills
iv. Excellent analytical, quantitative & organizational skills
v. Strong leadership and management skills with the desire to lead, nurture and develop the finance team.
vi. Degree in finance, economics, accounting, or related field with excellent technical accounting skills (IFRS)
vii. CPA (K) designation preferred
viii. Oil and gas experience preferred